Updated March 18, 2020
Many employers have detailed employee handbooks that cover a variety of issues, but maybe you haven’t dusted yours off for a while. With the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, you may need to crack open your handbook and begin implementing some policies you don’t typically use, or you may find you don’t have some policies that you really need right now.
We’ve compiled a list of various policies that may be needed at this time. If you don’t have one of these that you need or if you need a refresh, please reach out to us to help you create policies you can implement within compliance with the current regulatory landscape:
- COVID-19 Specific Preparedness Guidelines – Policies and Procedures
- Social distancing
- Sanitizing – training and instructions
- Continuing vigilance and enforcement
- Returning to work following quarantine
- Employees with compromised immune systems
- Wearing masks
- Implementing a Lockdown
- Remote Worker Policy and its Enforcement
- Travel Restrictions for Employees/Contractors
- Crisis Management Policy/Procedure
- Communicable Disease/Pandemic Policy/Disease Preparedness and Response Plan
The information above is intended to act as a general resource and therefore does not address all considerations and jurisdiction-specific analyses that may need to be undertaken prior to taking action. Thus, employers should seek specific counsel.