Fresh. Innovative. Full of opportunity. Do these words describe a place you’d like to work? Good.
Gutwein Law is a growing law firm practicing in the areas of corporate law, real estate, commercial litigation, estate planning and administration, sports law, and intellectual property. At our firm, we focus on the value you deliver – and do everything we can to help you achieve your goals - as a person and as a professional. We embrace a spirit of growth, innovation, and community, and combine it with deep experience in business and law.
We are seeking a skilled and experienced Patent Attorney to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in patent preparation and prosecution, and be able to provide legal advice to our clients on various IP-related matters.
Still sound like the right place for you? We’re looking for a full-time intellectual property attorney to join our team.
- 3+ years of experience practicing patent law
- Advising clients on patent related matters, patent drafting, and patent prosecution
- Conducting legal research to support clients' IP needs
- Preparing and prosecuting patent applications before the US Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
- Drafting and negotiating IP-related agreements, including licensing, assignment, and non-disclosure agreements
- Conducting IP due diligence for mergers and acquisitions
- Managing and maintaining clients' IP portfolios
- Staying up-to-date with changes in IP law and industry trends
- Strong knowledge of US patent and other intellectual property law
- Capability to exercise independent judgment and discretion with strong attention to detail
- Possesses high moral character, hard-working mindset, and practical knowledge
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills for use working internally with other team members and while advising
Benefit and Cultural Offerings:
- Bonus, compensation, and growth plan
- 401K with employer contribution
- Insurance plan, including health insurance, vision insurance, and group life insurance
- LawPass Membership with ALI-CLE, along with firm-wide training sessions
- Modern, centrally located office space with paid parking
- Health club membership reimbursement
- Mobile phone plan reimbursement
- Remote working and flex time policies
- Swag, parties, and other cultural initiatives
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume in PDF format to email@example.com.