Primary Focus Area
- Estate Planning
Other Focus Areas
Sean works with business owners and individuals to help them develop an estate plan that accomplishes their specific goals. Whether it be crafting a succession plan, ensuring a client's family is cared for after their passing, or helping a client pass their wealth onto multiple generations, Sean works with his clients to provide an estate plan that fits each client's unique needs, while offering pragmatic solutions and ensuring clients are confident in the legacy they are leaving behind.
Since many estate plans involve client businesses, real estate, or both, Sean utilizes his experience in real estate transactions, corporate governance, and mergers and acquisitions to help clients pass on complex or high worth assets.
As part of his real estate practice, Sean works to develop solar and wind renewable energy projects throughout the State of Indiana. While primarily representing landowners in negotiating renewables leases, Sean’s experience working on the developer side of projects and negotiating with multiple developers across the state gives him the insight to help his clients navigate an evolving real estate landscape.
Sean earned his law degree from Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, where he completed a Graduate Certificate in Corporate and Commercial Law and graduated magna cum laude. Prior to obtaining his J.D., Sean attended Franciscan University where he majored in History and minored in Economics and Spanish.
When he’s out of the office Sean enjoys playing basketball and golf, as well as watching just about any sporting event. He also enjoys working out, spending time outdoors (particularly backpacking), and hanging out with family and friends.
- Represented a client with a taxable estate in the creation of a defective grantor trust. Facilitated a sale of the client’s real estate holdings to the trust to remove assets from the client’s estate while ensuring the client retained installment payments from the sale for living expenses and future business ventures.
- Represented business owner with a taxable estate in the creation of a dynasty trust structured to prioritize funding the educational and medical needs of descendants while promoting charitable giving from the wealth created with the trust.
- Represented business owner in creating a private foundation through their estate plan to be managed by descendants as a legacy for one of the client’s deceased children.
- Represented a client with a taxable estate in contributing leveraged business ventures to a dynasty trust for future generations to promote estate tax free growth of ventures held in trust.
- Represented the developer in obtaining land use approvals for the development of a 400 MW solar farm in Indiana.